With the technological era taking over the world today, almost all of us have been introduced to the amazing apps and software that have been making human life easier. As is known, the knowledge of coding is a must to get into this field. The world of software development and programming has a lot to offer. Be it an entrepreneur or a freelancer, coding is something that is going to benefit you in multiple ways.
However, when it comes to taking coaching or training to learn to code, many of us might face second thoughts about even getting started with it, thanks to all the complexity! Coding is one not-so-easy task and requires a lot of patience to get through. But what if we told you that you can easily learn to code by sitting at your home and requiring just an internet connection to your computer? Yes, it can be that easy.
In the following section, we have compiled a list of top 9 websites from where you can get started with a free coding course and jump-start your learning process today! Check these out and choose the one that suits you the best. Or go around trying each one to be a pro!
Table of Contents
9 Best Websites to Learn Coding Course Online Instantly
First on the list is the very popular, CodeAcademy. For an interactive learning, CodeAcademy along with its friendly interface is the best choice. You can directly jump to coding through the panels on the screen. All the instructions and necessary information have been provided through the respective panels.
- Separate panels to write acceptable codes and understand instructions.
- Well-structured courses to help you distinguish between each.
- User-friendly interface for an interactive and fun learning process.
Website Link: CodeCademy
Another one in the line is EdX which is the next platform to learn to code from. The founder of this site was the Harvard University and MIT and it was founded in the year 2012. All the latest technologies and theories are available here to get familiar to. The free lesson “Introduction to Computer Science from Harvard University” is worth checking out.
- Open-source learning platform for coding and computer sciences.
- Inclusive of information about all cutting-edge technologies.
- Includes over 60 schools now.
Website Link: Edx
One good thing about Code Avengers is that it does not get into unnecessary details that might easily confuse or scare off a beginner. Instead, it limits its explanations to only the information required at that time. You can immediately practice and play with the code and therefore note the changes and learn by yourself.
- Mini games at the end of each lesson for an enjoyable learning experience.
- Interactive learning procedure through code play and friendly interfacing.
- Really helpful and easy for amateurs and people who are new to programming.
Website Link: CodeAvengers
Coursera came into existence in 2012 and since then has been serving as one of the excellent companies in providing interactive programming courses. All types of courses in coding are available here including the free introductory ones and the paid ones for certification. Lectures from famous universities such as University if Stanford, Washington, Vanderbilt etc. ensures that you get the best possible quality of knowledge.
- More than 1000 courses from 119 institutions.
- Provides certifications in certain coding fields.
- Specialized course lessons.
Website Link: Coursera
- Learning made easy through step-by-step video tutorials.
- Web page production through HTML and CSS.
- Free courses offered by various institutions online.
Website Link: KhanAcademy
When you have traversed your way through the basics of coding and crossed the beginner’s level, it’s time for you to get your hands into a more advanced level of programming. For that, Code School is your perfect choice. Code School ensures that you get the in-depth knowledge of the various coding areas so that you can turn yourself to an expert in the same.
- Helps you expand your capabilities.
- Easy understanding of complex coding areas.
- Free access to best courses.
Website Link: CodeSchool
Udemy can be seen as an online learning platform that focuses on the industry-oriented learning. If you want to improve your coding skills by a job skill point of view, then you should definitely try out Udemy. Various easy to understand video lessons have been posted on Udemy which can be accessed absolutely free of cost. Along with these, some paid courses are also there if you wish to expand your horizon. Basically, Udemy is a great choice for gaining expertise in certain areas of coding.
- Interactive video lessons to learn job skills.
- Courses on programming for entrepreneurs.
- Basics of coding easily explained.
Website Link: Udemy
Heading on to gaining more expertise in your respective coding areas, the next best choice in the line is the Treehouse. When you are done with playing around with codes and are looking for something challenging out there, you can be sure to rely upon LearnStreet. Courses at Treehouse can be seen as project-oriented ones as they deal with working projects rather than simply learning languages.
If you wish to build a working or an interactive website or a WordPress theme, then you can find a specific course to do that here. Other than that, various foundation courses have also been introduced that are taught through videos and followed by quizzes to test yourself.
- Mastering related languages made easier.
- In-depth interviews with leading industrialists and workshops through a subscription fee.
- Free online courses beginning at the basic level.
Website Link: TeamTreehouse
To ensure that you get the best out of your learning time, you might need some advanced knowledge from an industry and a professional perspective. For the same, Udacity can prove to be your best catch because of the various intuitive videos it has on various coding areas. Also, if you are the kind of person who’s not much of a reader and rather prefer hearing things from a professional, then Udacity is your thing.
Lectures from professionals from Google etc. have been posted here to help you dive deep into the current trends and knowledge. With quizzes at the end of lessons, you can be sure by testing yourself and converting the respective language learnt into an added skill.
- A large number of videos from real professors or industry employees.
- Logical and programming quizzes to strengthen the basics.
- Access to discussions by pros on various trending programming issues.
Website Link: Udacity
This was all in our list. Do you have something else in your list? Pleas share it with us and we would be glad to share it here.